setWorks is a creative construction company based in Croydon. We have a proven background of delivering exceptional projects across the UK and overseas. The company have established a strong client base covering a variety of sectors including contemporary art, museum, exhibitions and event industries to name a few. With extensive workshop facilities alongside our office we can offer all the services necessary to complete the client brief from concept to on site completion.
Below is a list of current working opportunities and openings at setWorks. Simply click to expand / view details about the role, its responsibilities and candidate requirements. If you wish to enquire further or apply, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- The role you are interested in.
- Your CV.
- Your salary expectations.
- Any questions you may have.
- Planning and organising production schedules.
- Assessing project resource requirements.
- Selecting, ordering, and purchasing materials.
- Working closely with the CAD team / Project Manager.
- Overseeing production process in the workshop and on site.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Working closely with the CAD team.
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary.
- 3 years+ Experience as a production Manager preferably within the Museum / Event / Construction industry.
- Good understanding of construction standards and practices within the industry.
- Basic CAD skills preferred.
- IOSH / NEBOSH preferably.
We are looking for someone to start in ASAP on a six month contract initially (but expecting to extend or offer a permanent position).
Currently we are going through an exciting period of restructuring and are now looking for a Graduate Project Manager / Project Junior to come on board and work with us.
Candidates must have the capability of working in a team environment, taking direction from project managers and directors, but also being reactive and positive when dealing with problems within the office and project environment. Candidates must be comfortable liaising with external design and creative teams when necessary as well as with internal CAD and build teams. We are expecting candidates to be motivated and self-learning, they will need to have a flexible approach combined with the passion and drive to achieve the best for our clients.
In return for your commitment you will be working alongside some of the best in the business and have the opportunity to really develop a successful career.
Must be self-motivated, creative, able to work under own initiative, work to deadlines within budgets with accuracy and be prepared to undertake flexible hours to meet challenges that the projects may demand.
- Teamworking skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- IT skills.
- Communication skills.
- Basic CAD skills not essential.
- Microsoft Office.
We are looking for someone to start ASAP.
- Part time 20-25 hours per week.
- To ensure all operations undertaken are conducted safely and in accordance with our health & safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and best practice.
- To work closely with our in-house team of fabricators to achieve excellent health, wellbeing, safety, quality and environmental performance, high levels of compliance and ultimately a strong, positive health and safety culture across the entire business.
- Providing support and necessary guidance, briefing and training required by individuals to carry out their work. Ensure employees are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities and understand the requirements of company procedures.
- Production and reviews of risk assessments, safe systems of works, health surveillance, safety and environmental plans.
- Provide advice on a range of specialist areas, e.g. risk assessments, hazardous substances, working at height, safeguarding machinery and occupational health, etc.
- Carry out incident investigations ensuring that investigations produced are of sufficient quality and completed within prescribed timescales complying with the reporting process.
- Produce reports based on the findings with relevant recommendations highlighted for management.
- Produce and deliver toolbox talks, inductions, monthly focuses and appropriate H&S training material about health and safety issues and risks.
- Assist with updating and further developing the Health, Safety and Environmental management systems.
- Arrange and facilitate employee H&S committee meetings.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of legislation and any developments that affect the industry.
- Act as a role model at all times in support of the company’s vision, priorities and values.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate for the role.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience as a Health & Safety Advisor in a construction/manufacturing environment
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of safety behaviour, leading by example, promoting safety culture
- Self-motivated, and able to work on own initiative; enthusiastic with ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels including directors.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Good time management skills and able to work to deadlines.
- Computer literate
- NEBOSH (General or Construction Certificate)
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational H&S
The CNC operator will be responsible for running the machines, working with the CNC manager to ensure all parts are cut to a high standard and on schedule. The CNC operator will play a key role in the day to day running of the workshop making sure it is operational, clean and safe to work in.
Experience operating a CNC router is essential, experience programming is advantageous.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to operate and understand CNC routers.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience of working to set deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and develop their own skills from the CNC Dept.
- An understanding of key Health and Safety requirements.
- Ability to work within a wider production team.
- Previous experience of working in workshops.